Friday, July 4, 2008

Finally (for me and you both), the Last Word on Unusual Book Find

The more time I spend with this collection of hollow books and Polaroids, the more I am drawn into its mystery. However at the same time I feel like I am diluting the mystery by making it so widely known. Hence my dilemma: I want to keep and enjoy this curious find for myself while at the same time share it with folks who can and will appreciate it beyond simple prurience.

Therefore I've decided that I'm going to shut up about it. I am going to keep this collection for myself until I feel that the time has come to pass it along.

> When that time comes I will sell it to the highest bidder.

Here’s how it will work: for anyone who is interested, email me at booksaga@gmail.com (serious interests only, please). I will add your email address to my contact list. When I get ready to sell I will send out a mass email to let everyone know. In that email I will include all the details I can as to titles, numbers, et cetera, and I will attach more photos of the photos to give you a better idea of what you’ll be bidding on. I will probably use eBay as the auction venue though I’m not sure at this point whether or not I can sell the books through the regular, public channel or if it will have to be done in the “Adults Only” channel, but that’s for me to figure out.

When/if you send your email, please do not ask me if I live in your Georgia “boro.” As bad as I may want to tell you, I think for now it is best for me to retain as much anonymity as I can (although for the attentive reader I am surely leaving a pile of clues in my posts as to exactly where I am). This anonymity gives me the freedom to post some of the posts that I post.